Thursday, 24 July 2014

Blame it on the summer

Summer. That time of the year we all long for throughout the year. If you are anything like me, though, you will get sick and tired of it after just 1 month. Because, let's all face the fact: long summer vacations were invented for those able to afford trips here and there.

After spending 9 months in Northern Ireland as a language assistant, the prospect of getting back home right at the beginning of summer was just too exciting. Images of flipflops, minute dresses and sangría came to my mind again and again. Tons of sun and actual heat, which I missed so much during my time abroad, became more and more appealing. The mere thought of everyday life as I knew it made me ecstatic. And I was...for the first two weeks. 

There were so many friends to catch up with and so many things to tell to everyone that time just flew. Even my tea morning routine became amazeballs sitting on my (super) small terrace and watching people pass by. But there's always an end to everything.

After 1 month everything became once more normal, the heat was too much to deal with, especially in the afternoon, and the average 38ºC temperature something to dread. If you live in or have ever been to an inland southern village in Spain, you will know what I am talking about, even sleeping becomes difficult some nights.

After 2 months, though, my boredom level is such that sometimes I even cherish my exams period at university (well, maybe I'm exaggerating) and my days succeed one another among Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and the many many blogs I read on a daily basis. I need something to do with my time.

Today's the day. I don't consider myself an amazing writer by any means, but it's something I've always enjoyed, and I don't really expect many people (if any) to read this. Nevertheless, here's the first of (I hope), other posts. The topic? Everything and anything.

Good night from a sweaty me,

Abigail xx




No comments:

Post a Comment